NEW TOWN PLAZA (“the mall”) is an entity wholly owned and run by Sun Hung Kai Real Estate Agency Limited. It is the policy of the Mall to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong. We also strive to ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
We safeguard information provided by our web site users (“User”). With the only exceptions that the IP address of the computer used to visit our web site may be recorded, we do not collect any personally identifiable information from User while they browse its sites, and no personal data is collected. This information is used only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our web sites.
The collection of any personal data collected will be subject to our Personal Information Collection Statements. Personal data is stored securely in our system and we will take all practicable steps to ensure that personal data is not kept longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the data is or is to be used. Only trained, authorized staff shall have access to the data, and we do not release personal data to parties outside the group except as set out in our Personal Information Collection Statements. User has the right to request access to and correction of their personal information in accordance with the procedure set out in our Personal Information Collection Statements.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
This Personal Information Collection Statement sets out the purposes for which the information provided by you as a User will be used following collection, what you are agreeing to with respect to our use of such information and your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486. This statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. When each time you log in to this web site and use its services, you agree to be bound by the statement in force at that time.
COLLECTION OF DATA
User may be asked to provide with personally-identifiable information such as name and e-mail address. This is necessary to provide User the various services and activities offered on this web site. You, as a User, are not obliged to supply the data, but if you do not, the services and activities will be unavailable.The IP address of the computer used to visit our web site may be recorded.
PURPOSE AND USE OF DATA
Information collected is used for the followings:
- monitoring use of the web site to help its further development
- compiling aggregate statistics about our users to analyze site usage
- Communicating with User in respect of matters related to or arising from the use of the services offered on this web site
- providing information related to the Mall the products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages from time to time offered by Sun Yuen Long Centre or service providers to User and rallying and arranging for the same to be provided (see also Use of Information in Direct Marketing)
- evaluating and improving the facilities, services and/or products offered by Sun Yuen Long Centre
- facilitating communications between User and the Mall and encouraging feed-back from User on their needs and expectations of facilities, services and/or products offered by Sun Yuen Long Centre
- in order to determine the User’s eligibility to any products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages offered by Sun Yuen Long Centre and consider what may best suit User’s needs, comparing User’s personal information with all personal information concerning User previously provided to the Sun Yuen Long Centre
- Use of Information in Direct Marketing: We intend to use all information provided by you as a User including your name, contact details and all other information which may assist us to understand the goods and services which you might be interested in, for delivering the aforesaid information and conducting direct marketing including products, services, advice and subjects in relation to the followings: shops, hotels, shopping malls and the events therein, telecommunication, information technology, transport infrastructure operations and reward/loyalty/privilege programmes, charitable and non-profitable causes. We may not so use or provide the said information unless we have received your consent. Please indicate your consent by checking the suitable box while making applications on-line.
User’s information will not generally be disclosed or transferred to any other party in a form that would identify them except those to parties relevant and reasonably necessary for the purposes stated above.
ACCESS TO DATA
You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486). Any data access request or data correction request may be made to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to 45/F Sun Hung Kai Centre, 30 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.